After opening ports at the end of Edo period, trading between foreign contries was developing through Treaty Port Trade that foreign merchants had the initiative of commercial trade. They handled both import and export business. It meant that foreign currency earned by trade or even those obtained from Japanese products flowed out to overseas. Ichitaro Morimrua (Ichizaemon Ⅵ) felt doubts about the exchange rate of Japanse gold, silver, and foreingn currency. He made a resolution to start overseas trading by himself aiming to regain the wealth of Japan which had flowend out to overseas.
- Ichizaemon Morimura VI and his brother Toyo founded "Morimura Gumi" at Ginza 4-chome, Tokyo.
- On March 10, Toyo sailed from Yokohama for America by the Oceanic.
- In November, Toyo, Momotaro Sato and Chushichi Date established the retail store "Hinode Shokai" in a partnership at 6th Street, New York.
Started the miscellaneous-goods retail trade which sold antiques, pottery, fans, and dolls, etc.
- Toyo started his own business and established "Hinode Shokai Morimrua Brothers".
Exported Japanese antiques and miscellaneous goods.
- Yasukata Murai joined "Hinode Shokai Morimrua Brothers" and worked at Toyo's right hand.
In 1880(Meiji 13), the New York branch and London branch office of Yokohama Specie Bank, Ltd. started to deal with the documentary bills of exchage.
Established basic structure of export-trade in Japan.
- Alter the corporate name "Hinode Shokai Morimura Brothers" to "Morimura Brothers".
Found out possibilities to export pottery and porcelainware, and shiftted from retail to wholesale.
Made improvements in materials and its elaborate decorations.
- Converted into wholesale from retail.
- Started Import Order (Orders were taken with samples and goods were directly delivered to a cutomer after six months or a year )
Increased the sales share of pottery and porcelainware, which had one third share of those exported from Japan. Aimed at manufacturing of white high quality porcelain.
- Opened Sales Office in Nagoya which was the center of pottery industry.
- Ichizaemon supported the establishment of Institute of Infectious Diseases by Shibasaburo Kitazato
- Estabilished Design Department in Morimura Bros.( Woked on design improvements of pottery and porcelainware.)
- Factories decorating pottery and porcelainware in Tokyo and Kyoto were collected to Nagoya (Completed in Meiji 31).
- Established Morimura Bank (renamed Morimura Bank K.K. in Taisho 13.)
- Established the institute in Nagoya office, and started manufacturing reserch of white hard porcelain.
- Toyo Morimura died.
Expanded to support for education and charity work.
- Ichizaemon launched "Morimura Houmeikai" which was aiming at the contribution to culture and charity work.
- Participated the establishment of the Dai-ichi Mutual Life Insurance Company.
- Established Nippon Toki Gomei Kaisha in Nagoya.
(Presently Noritake Co., Limited)
- Ichizaemon(Houmeikai) supported the establishment of Japan Women's University.
- Ichizaemon established Morimura Gakuen.
- Ichizaemon (Houmeikai) supported the establishment of the Keio University Mita Grand Lecture Hall.
- Nippon Toki succeeded in production of the first dinner set "Sedan" in Japan.
- Established Gomei Kaisha Nitto Shokai in Nagoya as a domestic tableware sales company.
Based on Founders spirits that aimed contribusion to Japan by producing industrial products domestically, spun off new field of business and began a full-scale production, porcelain sanitaryware and insulator (indispensable to electric power industry).
- Established Toyo Toki K.K. in Kokura. Kaisha was reorganized by Nippon Toki Kaisha.
(Presently TOTO Ltd.)
- Nippon Toki Gomei Kaisha was reorganized by Nippon Toki Kaisha.
- Renamed Morimura Gumi K.K. Capitalized at ￥20,000,000.
- Founder Ichizaemon Morimura Ⅵ died on 11th September.
- Established Nippon Gaishi K.K. in Nagoya.
(Presently NGK Insulators, Ltd.)
Thanks to the success of development in Dinnerware, Morimura Bros. (New York) had a large volume of business transactions with department stores, bargain chain stores and mail-order companies, etc. as adopting a lot of salespersons. Japan gradually expanded the share of imported china market and took the lead in the U.S.
- Established Morimura Bros. Employees Benefit Fund in Morimura Bros.
- Ichizaemon participatied the establishment of Hodogaya Country Club.
- Became the first Japanese company to import IBM electrical office machinery. Became the first agency in Japan.
- Marked the 50th anniversary of Morimura's founding. Held a celebration inviting employees and their families.
- Kaisaku Morimura succeeded to the name of Ichizaemon Ⅶ.
- Morimura Gumi served as the position of performing investment and the supervisors to six affliated companies ( Nippon Toki, Toyo Toki, Nihon Gangu, Morimura Shoji：purchase export outsourcing company of Morimura Gumi, Morimura Bros. Inc. and Nitto Shokai).
- Morimura Bank merged with Mitsubishi Bank.
- Closed Morimura Bros.(New York Office) in December.
- Morimura Gumi was renamed Morimura Shoji K.K. (Morimura Bros., Inc.) Capitalized at ¥2,500,000.
- Opened Nagoya Sales Office. (Presently Nagoya Branch)
- Established Tokuhinbu managing import business.
- Opened Osaka Office. (Presently Osaka Branch)
- Established Morimura Building Co., Ltd.
- Established Morimura Standard Ultramarine & Color Co. （Presently Morimura Chemicals Ltd.）
- Relocated the head office to present address, Tranomon.
- Contract signed with Aluminum Company of America, to import bauxite and chemical products on an exclusive basis.
- Opened Kyusyu Office.（Presently Kyushu Sales Office）
- Jointly established Moralco Limited in Iwakuni.
（Presently Almatis Ltd. Moralco Works）
- Opened Okayama Office.（Presently Okayama Sales Office）
As part of the 100th anniversary celeblation, archived the return to New York. Since then, Morimura Bros. has been developing overseas offices with expanded line of business.
- Opened New York Liaison Office.
- Marked centenary of the company's founding.
- Increased capitalization to ¥180,000,000.
- Established Morimura Bros. (U.S.A.), Inc. in New York and opened Los Angeles Branch.
- Established Morimura Bros. (Europe) B.V. in The Netherlands.
- Opened Madras Liaison Office in India. (Presently Morimura Brothers Trading India Private Ltd.)
- Jointly established Chettinad MB-F Hi Silica Pvt. Ltd. in India.
（Presently Chettinad Morimura Semiconductor Material Pvt. Ltd.）
- Established Morimura Bros.,(H.K.) Ltd.
- Established Morimura Bros., (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.
- Bought out BASF share in Morimura Bardiche.（Presently Morimura Chemicals Ltd.)
- Jointly established Onoda Morimura Magnesium Ltd. in Toki.
- Bought Besho Plastic Co., Ltd. from Bakelite Shoji Co., Ltd.
- Established Morimura Bros. (H.K.) Ltd. in Hong Kong.
- Moralco Limited merged with Alcoa Kasei Limited and changed the name of company to Alcoa Chemicals Japan Limited. (Presently Almatis Ltd.)
- Established Morimura Bros. (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. in Shanghai.
- Established Almorix Ltd. in Tokyo.
- Morimura absorbed Besho Plastic Co., Ltd.
- Opened Morimura Bros. (H.K.) Ltd. Ho Chi Minh Representative Office.
- Marked the 130th anniversary of the company's founding.
- Opened Morimura Bros. (H.K.) Ltd. Shenzhen Representative Office.
- Opened Morimura Bros. (H.K.) Ltd. Hanoi Representative Office.
- Jointly established SurTec MMC Japan K.K. in Tokyo.
- Established Morimura Bros. (S.Z.) Ltd.
- Jointly established Toho Material Co., Ltd. in Chigasaki.
- Established Morimura Bros.,(ASIA) Co., Ltd. in Thailand.
- Established Morimura Brothers Trading India Private Ltd.
- Opened Morimura Brothers Trading India Private Ltd. Gurgaon Branch.
- Established Morimura Bros. (Taiwan), Inc.
- Increased capitalization to ¥450,000,000.